Queen of the Valley Medical Center
About Us News Room Careers Contact Us
Find a Service at Queen of the Valley Medical Center Our Doctors Our Services For Patients For Visitors For Community
Newsroom
Home About Us Newsroom News 2007 After nearly 50 years, Queen of the Valley Hospital Changes Its Name
Newsroom
Contact Information
News
2014
2013
2012

Share this page:

Facebook
Twitter
Google +

After nearly 50 years, Queen of the Valley Hospital Changes Its Name

Napa, CA –On March 21, 2007 Queen of the Valley Hospital will announce that it will change its name to Queen of the Valley Medical Center.  The announcement will be made at an unveiling ceremony to be held on the front steps of the facility. 

Growth and expansion of health related services led to this change.  When the hospital opened in 1958, it offered basic inpatient services to the community.  Since then the Queen has expanded its focus to include outpatient care, community outreach, and prevention and wellness services.  Over the last two years the Queen invested more than $50 million dollars in building and equipment costs to add more than 100,000 square feet of new facilities to the campus.  Two recent additions to the campus include the Wellness Center, an entire facility dedicated to preventing illness and injury and the Center for Maternal and Infant Care, designed to provide a homelike environment, where mothers and fathers can be surrounded by their extended families.

The Queen has also expanded its specialty service offerings.  Queen of the Valley ranks among the top facilities in the nation in cardiac care and is the only state designated trauma center in Napa County.  The medical center also received a rare approval by the American College of Surgeon’s Commission on Cancer for its Community Cancer Center.

"This change is the result and reward of fruitful partnerships," said Dennis Sisto, President and CEO at Queen of the Valley Medical Center.  "When the Sisters of St. Joseph arrived in Napa in the 1950’s, they recognized a need and had the vision to make an impact. Knowing they couldn’t do this by themselves, they sought out relationships with the community and its physicians to turn the Valley’s healthcare potential into reality.  Half a century later, those partnerships are still very much alive and we all reap the benefits having some of the world’s finest healthcare right here—close to home, in our state-of-the-art medical center."

In addition to the growth of its facilities, Queen of the Valley has also expanded its use of medical technology.  Since its inception, the Queen has been an early adopter of technologies that benefit patient care.  Decades ago, the facility was the first in the county to offer advanced diagnostic imaging (MRI), and that trend has continued through today with new technologies including robotic assisted surgery, digital mammography, intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) for cancer care, and the planned installation of a dual-source CT scanner, which features two 64-slice scanners operating in unison for the highest available resolution.

"While this name change represents a significant milestone for the Queen, I am pleased and excited to say that we still have a lot more room to grow.  Thank you to our community for its continued support, " said Sisto.   

# # #

Queen of the Valley Medical Center is a not-for-profit, Catholic medical center.  It was founded in 1958 by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange.  Its mission is to extend the healing mission of Jesus by continually improving the health and quality of life of the people in the communities it serves. The medical center consists of a 191-bed hospital, dedicated outpatient centers for wellness, outpatient surgery and procedures, diagnostic imaging, women’s health, and occupational health.


Related Articles