Continued Training / Career Development
We invest in our employees. As an employer, we encourage you to continue your development and grow with us as we carry out our mission. Whether you are moving in a clinical track, or towards an administrative track, we can assist you in furthering your skills.
We offer clinical career ladders for healthcare professionals who wish to remain directly in patient care, as well as leadership development programs for those who wish to take, or are currently in an administrative role. We have clinical nurse specialists and educators available to support all your ongoing learning needs.
This program was developed to provide opportunities and financial support for employees wishing to pursue a healthcare education in an approved program for specific hard-to-fill professional and/or technical positions. Positions covered by this program vary due to changing business needs and the supply of available candidates.
Examples of such positions include:
- Registered Nurse
- MRI Technologist
- Physical Therapist
- Clinical Lab Scientist
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Ultrasound Technologist)
- Medical Records Coder
Basic requirements for the program include:
- Six months of employment at Queen of the Valley
- Supervisory recommendation
- Rating on most recent performance evaluation equal or better than hospital average
- Pre-requisites for education program already completed.
Highlights of the programs include:
- Direct Education Costs - QVMC will provide tuition assistance (including approved items such as books, lab fees, equipment, uniforms, etc).
- Salary Assistance - To allow a greater opportunity for study while attending full-time, yet alleviate, to some extent the financial hardship. QVMC employees in the program also remain at the current benefit status so no loss of benefits takes place.