Operation: With Love From Home
OPERATION: With LOVE From HOME works to support our deployed armed forces stationed in harm's way.
Supported by the Community Outreach Department at Queen of the Valley
Medical Center, OWLFH counts on a group of non-partisan volunteers who
recognize the need to keep our service men and women are in our hearts
and prayers. The group actively supports their efforts and recognizes
their sacrifices on behalf of our country.
To show support, three times a year the group works to collect donations
to put together care packages for our troop abroad. Each package contains
items the troops need: socks,
Each package also contains a hand-written letter of support and thanks.
Sometimes, these packages are the only correspondence troops receive from
home. They serve as a vital link to remind troops they are valued and loved.
Click here for current Holiday Care Package Flier
Click here for a list of donation sites.
For more information go to
Join us! Operation: With Love From Home is hosting a Care Package Assembly
Day. Learn more by
Support Our Troops
There are many ways you can support this important effort:
- Place a collection barrel at your business
- Sponsor the shipping of a package for $12.95
- Donate items for care packages (tax deductible)
- Donate greeting cards for elementary school students to write to the troops
- Volunteer to fill packages
OWLFH is always looking for volunteers to help support the cause. To become
a volunteer, call(707) 251-2007 weekdays or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here to view list of items most needed by the troops.
For Postage Donations
3448 Villa Lane, Suite 102
Napa, CA 94558
or click to donate online
*Be sure to select Operation: With Love from Home in the "Gift to Benefit" menu
Please submit the APO/FPO address of service members you know who are overseas
so that a package can be sent to them.
Many thanks to our sponsors: Napa Midtown Storage, Aaron Signs of Napa,
Carbone's Custom Painting of Napa, City of Napa Employees, Napa Valley
Unified School District.
For more information, call Liz Alessio (707) 251-2007 weekdays or email email@example.com
Other Ways to Help
Times are hard for us all, but here are some simple, FREE ways that you can help:
- When you go to restaurants ie: Starbucks, Taco Bell, please always ask
for a few (handful) extra packets of sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, jelly...
- When you travel, collect shampoo, conditioner, soap, mouthwash, sewing
kits... they're FREE!
- Don't forget the pre-packaged stuff next to the coffee pot, they're
- Dr. Offices always give away samples of lotion, sunblock, aspirin, allergy
medicine, eye drops... they're FREE!
- Dentists offices have toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss... they're FREE!
When you tell them why you want extra, they'll be happy to give you
- Letters of support from home... they're FREE!
- If you have or know any children, ask their class to make cards... what
a great class project... and, they're FREE!
- We always need your time. Volunteer... It's FREE!