WorkHealth Occupational Health Services is located in the Wellness Center at 3421 Villa Lane, Suite 2A, Napa, CA
Workers' Compensation: Injury Evaluation and Treatment
Accidents can happen despite the closest attention to safety in the workplace. With today's escalating workers' compensation costs, it is imperative that a work-related injury receive prompt and accurate diagnosis and treatment.
The experienced medical professionals of WorkHealth specialize in just such treatment. When an employee is injured, our goal is to provide quality medical care, reduce the time lost from work, and increase productivity through early medical intervention and rehabilitation. We support limited or modified duty assignments in lieu of temporary total disability.
Our knowledge of and experience with occupational injury treatment has resulted in a program which features:
- Prompt appointment scheduling with timely, same-day appointments for urgent needs.
- A copy of the "Injury/Work Status Report" is given to the employee, then faxed to the employer and Workers' Compensation Insurance carrier.
- Onsite physical therapy for a coordinated, interdisciplinary team approach to rehabilitation.
- A well-established working relationship with Workers' Compensation Insurance carriers.
- Telephone conferences available with treating WorkHealth medical providers.
- Thorough working knowledge of the First Aid designation.
- 24-hour treatment for work related injuries through the combined program of WorkHealth and Queen of the Valley Medical Center Emergency Services Department with coordinated continuity of care with follow up visits at WorkHealth.
- In-house support of QVMC specialty physicians.
- An understanding of a company's workflow through work site tours of the physical facility and observing your workers in action.
If you are interested in knowing more about these services, please call WorkHealth at 257-4084.
Injury / Illness Treatment
When your employee is injured, we provide immediate medical treatment at WorkHealth. In addition, we provide 24-hour medical coverage in ExpressCare and the Emergency Room at Queen of the Valley Medical Center.
What To Do When an Injury Occurs
Should an employee sustain a work-related injury or illness, we are here to help you.
For Injuries Occurred During Normal Business Hours:
- Call the WorkHealth Clinic at 257-4084
(Monday - Friday 8:30a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
NOTE: When an injury occurs after hours and the employee is treated through
ExpressCare or the
Emergency Department at Queen of the Valley Medical Center, we will monitor the case and set up follow-up visits through WorkHealth.
Employee Related Physical Exams
- Post-Offer Physical Examinations The WorkHealth staff will review your company's job descriptions and furnish the employer with baseline information on prospective employees.
- Annual/Biannual Physicals are provided for jobs as required by Federal and State regulations. Department of Transportation physicals (driver physicals) are provided as required by law.
- Fitness for Duty Evaluations furnish information on the employee's ability to perform work tasks due to injury or illness.
- Available Mandated Periodic Exams
- Respiratory Screening required by OSHA for those who wear respirators in the workplace. The screening is done to assure that they are medically fit to wear a respirator.
- Audiometric Screening for employees in jobs where noise is an issue. Screening is done as a baseline when the employee is hired and then annually to make see if any hearing loss has taken place since the initial testing.
- Medical Surveillance of Toxic Exposure - a medical program conducted according to OSHA regulations to prevent lead poisoning in the employer's work force.
Drug and Alcohol Screenings
WorkHealth provides drug and breath analysis testing (BAT) with the utmost care and confidentiality. We provide eScreen testing (a rapid, web-based system) as well as NIDA (National Institutes on Drug Abuse) and non-NIDA drug testing. Our laboratory professionals are both BAT and DOT certified. Our collection areas and BAT equipment are in compliance with all governmental and legal standards. Pre-placement, post-accident, for-cause, random screenings and Medical Review Officer services are available.
Our laboratory is available for drug and/or alcohol screening without appointment during regular hours. If your company drug tests for post-accident and for-cause, 24-hour service can be provided through the combined services of WorkHealth and Queen of the Valley Medical Center.
WorkHealth Physical Therapy Services
Workhealth Physical Therapy offers comprehensive skilled services through evaluation, education, and exercise. Our physical therapists are specially trained and experienced in treating work-related injuries. The physical therapists also train and educate the injured worker to help prevent future injuries.
WorkHealth Physical Therapy specialists help you design a work-place ergonomic program to identify, evaluate and control risk factors. WorkHealth helps you meet ergonomic compliance according to OSHA regulations. Functional Capacity Screening is performed by the Physical Therapist to determine if a person is able to perform the essential functions of their job.
In our effort to help you manage your work place health and safety needs, we offer free educational seminars, given by experts in the field, on pressing industry issues. Seminars may be on regulatory compliance requirements, workers' compensation updates or prevention-oriented outcomes. As part of the seminar, we provide information on legislation updates and regulation changes.
If there is a specific topic you would like to hear about, please let us know.