Awards & Accreditations
Excellence is one of the five foundational values of our organization.
We expect accountability for excellence in performance and for adherence
to professional and organizational standards.
Many of the rigorous standards we abide by were created by our health care
system. Additional standards are required by county, state and national
When seeking information about quality health care or patient satisfaction
scores at a medical center, it is important that you find reliable, objective
information which will help you make an informed decision.
A number of organizations have given Queen of the Valley and its many departments
high rankings. Among them, we are accredited by The Joint Commission.
In addition, Queen of the Valley was recognized as Healthgrades America’s
250 Best Hospitals in 2019 and 2020 and holds the following distinctions
for various services:
- A U.S. News & World Report High Performer for Congestive Heart Failure
Knee Replacement in 2019
- Recognized by Healthgrades for five awards including as a Five-Star Recipient
for Treatment of Sepsis for 4 Years in a Row (2018-2021) and One of Healthgrades
America's 100 Best Hospitals for Critical Care™ for 2 Years in a
- The Geriatric Emergency Department Accreditation’s (GEDA) Bronze
Standard Level 3 by the American College of Emergency Physicians We are
also verified as a Level III Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons.
- Recognized by Healthgrades for six awards in 2021 including their Gastrointestinal
Care Excellence Award™ for 5 Years in a Row (2017-2021) and named
among the Top 10% in the nation for overall GI Services
- Accreditation by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- Blue Distinction® Center Designation for Quality in Knee and Hip Replacement in 2020
- Healthgrades Five-Star Recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery in 2021
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for Primary Stroke Center
- The American Heart Association’s 2020 Get With The Guidelines®
Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award and Target: Stroke Elite Honor Roll
- For two years in a row, Healthgrades recipient of the Cranial Neurosurgery
Excellence Award™ (2020-2021) and named among the top 5% in the
nation for Cranial Neurosurgery for 2 years in a row (2020-2021)