WELCOME TO QUEEN OF THE VALLEY VOLUNTEER SERVICES
- Are you looking for the kind of personal fulfillment that can only come
from serving others?
- Can you offer comfort and support to patients and their loved ones?
- Are you a people person with good multi-tasking skills?
Then we invite you to become part of our team as a
hospital volunteer! Volunteer opportunities are available throughout the hospital –from
supporting the Admissions staff in the main hospital lobby, to direct
patient contact in the Herman Family Pavilion, the Outpatient Surgery
and Procedures Center, the Emergency Department, and Nursing Units to
non-clinical support in ancillary offices that provide patient care.
HOW TO JOIN OUR VOLUNTEER TEAM
Before you get started with the application process, please know that:
- Student volunteers must be 14 years of age and have parental permission
We do request a
minimum commitment of 100 hours of service over six months
- Volunteer Services does not have a shadowing or internship program
- Be prepared to submit one reference letter with your application
Next steps – Volunteer placement is contingent upon the following:
Download, complete and return the
Volunteer Application (can this be set up to link directly to the application? You can return
the fully completed application (including your reference letter) by mail
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Successful interview
- Cleared background check (18 and over)
- Health clearance through Caregiver Health
- Successful completion of the HealthStream exam based on the Queen’s
regulatory and compliance requirements
- Completion of Volunteer Orientation
- Completion of department specific training
Please note: This process will take three to six weeks to complete.
The following volunteer assignments are examples of roles that may be available:
- Serve as the first point of contact for patients and visitors
- Provide escort services for patients being admitted, discharged or directed
to clinical areas for procedures
- Support the Admissions staff
- Deliver flowers, newspapers, etc.
Patient Comfort Cart
- Provide magazines and books to patients, visitors and lobby areas throughout
- Offer a smiling face and conversation as comfort to patients
Patient Care Areas
- Assist nursing personnel with non-medical tasks
- Provide a warm and supportive atmosphere for patients, families and visitors
Departmental Support throughout the Hospital
- Preparing mailings
- Chart assembly
- Patient appointment reminder calls
To learn more about how
you can make a difference in your community, please send an email to
email@example.com or call the Volunteer Services office: 707-257-4009.
Download the Volunteer Application